Lenovo Announces IoT Solutions to Improve the COVID-19 Shopping Experience
15 October 2020 – Today Lenovo announced a set of ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions to help “brick-and-mortar” stores thrive in today’s new normal environment. These will improve the customer experience by enabling improved inventory availability and product interaction while simultaneously driving labour efficiency.
The ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions also promote a safer environment in stores during COVID-19, giving shoppers confidence during the upcoming holiday season. Today’s announcement extends Lenovo’s expertise in Smart Retail, and provides retailers with a complete set of solutions from the front-of-store and sales floor to the back-of-store.
Today’s announcement marks Lenovo’s third Smarter Solution set from the Commercial Internet of Things (CIoT) Business Unit. The solutions will help the company execute its service-led transformation strategy as it moves from a hardware provider to a software and services model.
A recent Lenovo survey found that nearly half of consumers reported that they began shopping online more frequently over the past month and 66 percent said it’s the retailer’s responsibility to keep them healthy while they shop in-store.
For in-store shopping, consumers’ main concerns are:
- Product availability
- Ensuring mask policies are in place/mask policy compliance
- Occupancy levels
When it comes to future store experiences enabled through technology, consumers are most excited about greater transparency, product availability and targeted advertising for relevant deals.
“Brick-and-mortar retailers offer a unique experience for shoppers that cannot be fully replicated online,” said John Gordon (above), President, CIoT Business Group, Lenovo. “With ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions, we’re helping these important retail businesses create even more differentiated customer experiences while improving their bottom line so they can continue to grow during challenging economic times.”
ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions offer end-to-end, pre-tested and validated IoT solutions to address key customer experience, productivity, and safety needs of stores. By working with proven hardware and software partners, including Avalue, L Squared, Spacee, and Viper Imaging, ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions help store operations leaders create a smarter shopping experience by:
- Bringing in new customers through targeted advertising and the tracking of in-store marketing effectiveness through custom QR-codes from digital displays. (Avalue)
- Driving inventory productivity with out-of-stock detection, inventory counts, planogram compliance, and price checking leveraging smart shelves and smart pushers. (Spacee)
- Increasing customer purchase rate by allowing customers to learn about products in a dynamic and self-serving way using smart displays with interactive product information and tailored ads. (Avalue)
ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions endeavour to make shopping spaces safer by:
- Identifying potentially sick employees proactively through the use of FDA-certified temperature screening to help keep sick employees from entering the store (Viper Imaging)
- Enabling policy communication with digital signs to convey policy changes, mask requirements, and occupancy levels to customers simply and easily with digital signs (L Squared)
Customers can pick their set of solutions based on what’s most important to them. Lenovo serves as the one-stop shop for these practical ThinkIoT Smarter Store solutions. The company provides validation, deployment, and management, which is especially important to simplify the complexity of large retailers with stores distributed across regions and countries.
Lenovo’s ThinkIoT Smarter Store Solutions are backed by:
- Validation processes for software solutions. These include up to 140 steps covering security, serviceability, scalability, and reliability
- A field network of more than 20,000 technicians for global deployment
- Customers in more than 180 markets, and expertise supporting more than 125 million devices
Lenovo’s ThinkIoT Smarter Retail Solutions complement Lenovo’s other Smart Retail solutions. The company is helping to create an ecosystem of inter-operable technology and aggregated data to transform business. With a customized, integrated network of Smart Retail solutions, store-wide IT management is simplified and improved.
For example, Lenovo’s turnkey POS and self-service kiosk solutions help retailers grow beyond siloed digital point tools. This enables retailers to unlock data and insights, reduce their hardware footprint and expense through connected self-service solutions. In addition, Lenovo AI Innovation Centers can help optimize the business with analytics and machine learning capabilities in order to understand customer behavior, reduce shrinkage, and meet complex logistics and inventory challenges.
For more information visit the ThinkIoT website.