Samsung Electronics Wins Over 100 Awards CES 2016
8 January 2016 – Samsung Electronics today announced that it won more than 100 awards in key categories including Internet of things, home entertainment, and home appliances and mobile, at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
CES is one of the premier global gathering places for companies involved in consumer technologies and this year hosted more than 3,600 exhibiting companies.
Organizations and publications at CES continue to recognize Samsung as the leader in the consumer electronics, spanning the home entertainment, mobile and home appliance categories.
Among Samsung’s CES 2016 award wins are 38 CES 2016 Innovation Awards, including a Best of Innovations Award in TV. Further building on a momentous year, Samsung was also named the recipient of a number of media and industry awards, selected by organizations in attendance.
“Samsung continuously strives to provide consumers with innovations that matter to help them connect their busy lives with their friends, family, co-workers and even their appliances in meaningful ways,” said Gregory Lee, President and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America (above). “It’s an honor to receive recognition both from CTA and the industry and we can’t wait for the products showcased here to be part of a consumer’s everyday life.”
Samsung’s award winning products for 2016 include:
- The Galaxy TabPro S, which garnered more than 10 wins, including Digital Trends Top Tech of CES, TechRadar’s Best of CES award, Engadget’s Best of CES finalist, PCMag’s Best of CES in the Tablet category and TechnoBuffalo’s Best of CES award
- The new ultra-lightweight Notebook 9, which was named TechnoBuffalo’s Best of CES and Pocket-Lint’s Best Laptops and Tablets of CES lists
- The palm-sized Portable SSD T3, which received the Techlicious Best of CES award
- The KS9500 Series Curved SUHD TV, the World’s First Bezel-Less Curved TV, which earned Reviewed.com’s 2016 Editors’ Choice award, HD Guru’s CES Top Picks award and TechRadar’s Best of CES award
- The 4-Door Flex Refrigerator with Family Hub, which received more than eight awards, including Reviewed.com’s 2016 Editors’ Choice award, Men’s Health Best of CES, Tom’s Guide Best of CES for Best Smart Home Device and Mashable’s Best Tech of CES award
- The Front Load Washer with AddWash, which collected the Reviewed.com Editors’ Choice award
For more information on Samsung’s success at CES 2016, please visit: www.samsung.com/global/ces2016..
Source: Samsung Electronics
Samsung Leads Home Appliances Segment Study Rankings for Second Year
16 July 2015 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a leading innovator in home appliances, announced today that it has achieved the highest rank in four categories, out of a total of nine, in J.D. Power’s 2015 Kitchen and Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Studies. Samsung’s highest rankings in the Front Load Washer, Top Load Washer, Dryer and French Door Refrigerator categories exceed all other home appliance manufacturers in this year’s study. For the second consecutive year, Samsung has received the highest number of segment honors across all categories in this study.
J.D. Power surveyed consumers who purchased appliances over the past 24 months. Consumer satisfaction is measured on a point scale and is based on six factors: ease of use, features, performance and reliability, price, styling and appearance, and warranty. Highlights of this year’s survey include:
- In Front-Load Washers, Samsung ranked highest out of 9 brands and performed highest in ease of use, performance and reliability, price, and styling and appearance
- In Top-Load Washers, Samsung ranked highest out of 9 brands and performed highest in ease of use, performance and reliability, and styling and appearance
- In Clothes Dryers, Samsung ranked highest out of 10 brands and performed highest in features, and styling and appearance
- In French Door Refrigeration, Samsung ranked highest out of 10 brands and performed highest in ease of use, features, price, styling and appearance, and warranty.
“Understanding and anticipating consumer needs is a critical component of Samsung’s R&D process, and J.D. Power’s Satisfaction Studies are a crucial indicator of how we are doing,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “Our goal is to help make peoples’ lives easier and offer appliances that complement their homes. We are honored to be recognized by the J.D. Power organization, and proud that our new product innovations are not just meeting, but exceeding, the needs of consumers.”
In 2015, Samsung introduced a new suite of home appliances that surprise and delight while seamlessly blending superior innovation with beautiful design. Key product innovation launches include:
- Samsung Counter Depth 4-DoorFlex Refrigerator with convertible zone enables you to choose fridge or freezer at the touch of a button for ultimate flexibility.
- Samsung activewash™ Top Load Washer features a built-in sink with water jet and gentle scrubbing surface to make pre-washing fabrics easier and more convenient.
- Samsung Dishwasher with WaterWall™ Technology equipped with Zone Booster targets different zones of your dishwasher with custom settings.
- Samsung Flex Duo Oven with Dual Door™ lets you cook two dishes at two different temperatures simultaneously.
- Samsung POWERbot VR9000 robot vacuum cleaner lives up to the promise of convenient floor cleaning with its powerful suction, extra-wide rectangular brush and maximum maneuverability.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. They are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, their Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. They employ 319,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. For more info, visit the official website at www.samsung.com and their official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.