Delphian Systems Eliminates Security Holes in Connected Home Applications
4 March 2014 - Delphian Systems, a leading wireless engineering firm, today announced enhanced security features to its SecuRemote® technology platform. The advanced encryption and authorization methods are designed to mitigate the security risks in connected home applications.
"IT and security experts have long warned of the security risks in the rapidly growing Internet of Things (IoT) market, but recent discoveries confirm that connected mobile devices can pose a real threat to data integrity, identity theft and even breaches in home security when infected," said Ashok Hirpara, Director of Systems Engineering, Delphian Systems.
According to Gartner, Inc. the market for home automation systems and devices is expected to see explosive growth over the next several years. By 2020 more than $1.9 trillion in value will be created with more than 26 billion connected devices introduced to the market. Home security and access control products that interact with these devices are vulnerable to new and repeated threats as more devices are brought onto the network.
"Our focus has been to ensure the highest measure of security on all communication between devices and users on a network. SecuRemote creates multiple lines of defense between devices and a user's mobile application to ensure that only authorized mobile devices have the ability to monitor, control, and access products in the home or a commercial environment," continues Hirpara.
- High Security – SecuRemote creates a closed network within the home delivering the most secure access control products and wireless communication in the market.
- Easy Integration - The modular design and application flexibility of the SecuRemote technology platform makes product development faster and more cost effective than competing technologies.
- Modular Design - SecuRemote interface involves a physical connection and a software interface for proper communication with the product electronic controls. Typically, no changes are required for the existing OEM hardware and software.
- Remote Control by any device - Turn any mobile and personal device into a secure global remote control. The SecuRemote app on a user's mobile device becomes the virtual universal controller for everything that requires remote control.
- Reliable Control - No need for Wi-Fi routers and access points shared with other users, computers, TVs, and other peripheral devices.
- Automation - controlled by any mobile device both directly and over the cloud.
- Application Software Support – The SecuRemote app supports a multitude of different product and can easily enable OEM products with the SecuRemote app menu and UI features specific to the OEM product functionality.
For more information on SecuRemote platform technology, please visit http://delphiansystems.com/SecuremoteTechnology.
About Delphian Systems
Delphian Systems owns and maintains significant intellectual property associated with SecuRemote Technology. As an OEM end-to-end application solution provider, Delphian Systems offers ready-to-interface FCC and Industry Canada (IC) approved modules along with full engineering and product support.