Advantech Launches Intel IoT Gateway Development Kit
26 June 2015 – Advantech, a global leader in the embedded system market, is pleased to announce comprehensive IoT Gateway Development Kit bundle with Intel Gateway Solutions for Internet of Things (IoT). This solution features a pre-integrated software and hardware platform containing a Linux operating system, security and management features.
This out-of-the-box solution simplifies customer deployment of IoT products and allows secure data aggregation, filtering, and analysis from edge devices to the cloud through Wi-Fi and/or even 4G technologies.
Speed Innovation and Maintain Interoperability
The Intel IoT Gateway development kit is designed to speed innovation and maintain interoperability with legacy systems. Developers quickly develop, prototype, and deploy intelligent gateways that meet emerging IoT market requirements, while maintaining interoperability with legacy systems, including sensors and datacenter servers. This solution is completely pre-configured and pre-validated with hardware, software, and security capabilities, and available now from third-party providers.
- Intel IoT Gateway, based on Intel Quark system-on-chips (SoCs) and Intel Atom processors, bring intelligence to the edge and easily inter operate with existing network applications and services.
- Intel development kits simplify integration, minimize development cost, and accelerate time-to-market with a complete solution that includes a fully configured board, chassis, power supply, antennas, and software.
- Standards-based interfaces enable Intel IoT Gateway to easily connect and inter operate with legacy systems, down to sensors and controllers and up to datacenters and the cloud.
- Kits include software from Wind River and McAfee Embedded Control 6.1 to monitor and protect data security by dynamically managing white lists. Intel provides an integrated software stack with drivers and scripts that support the built-in hardware-based root of trust.
IoT Design-in Services
Advantech leverages Wind River services to deliver a mix of embedded and vertical market expertise. They offer consultative leadership, deep technical capabilities, and innovative industry solutions to help overcome the most strategic and pressing development challenges. Their industry-specific offerings span the entire project life cycle, including consulting, architecture, design, development, porting, integration, and maintenance services; and their state-of-the-art platform simulation and test tools help accelerate deliverables and provide valuable reporting and documentation.
Advantech Training Services provide two solutions:
- Online Video: A private link with access code gives access to the official video from Wind River. This video helps the customer understand Intel IoT Gateway solution development.
- Onsite Services: This option is available by customer request for Wind River and Advantech professional trainers who deliver two days of training that helps you understand development and get started quickly.
Online Video Access is the standard offering when you order the Intel IoT Gateway Development Kit from Advantech.
Intel IoT Gateway development kit will be available for order in the third quarter of 2015. For more information, please contact your local Advantech sales office or visit http://www2.advantech.eu/embedded-boards-design-in-services/
About Embedded Core Service
Advantech Embedded Core Services offers design-in oriented services. These streamlined solutions broadly integrate embedded boards, peripheral modules and software. This dedicated focus on Embedded Design-in services fulfills electronic engineering demands at their design-in phase, and brings benefits that shorten the design and integration cycle, minimizing uncertainty and risk. www.advantech.eu/EmbCore
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted, innovative products, services, and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, embedded systems, automation products, and global logistics support. They cooperate closely with their partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. Their mission is to enable an intelligent planet with Automation and Embedded Computing products and solutions that empower the development of smarter working and living. For more information, please visit: www.advantech.eu.
Source: Business Wire